Here's the back wall of the nursery before:
The cats are okay. They seem a little bit confused about where they get fed now, but they've figured out where their litter boxes are, so that's what really matters.
So on to that door. The first step, was of course, getting the old door out.
In the process we made a few interesting discoveries. Some interesting old wallpaper:
And the floors under the dirty old carpet:
The floors will probably stay for now, as refinishing/replacing the wood under the tile will be a bigger project than we can get into in the next few weeks. Needless to say, the wallpaper will be going.
Fortunately we had help from a few knowledgeable (and awesome) friends and were able to get all the framing, insulation and drywall done in one day!
Here's a look from the outside. The plywood is temporary, of course. We might have to get creative about the siding. A future project.
We got an awesome old wooden window from Judy at Old House Painting & Restoration. She completely restored it for us so that it is in perfect working order and matches the house beautifully!
Finally, here's the finished, drywalled wall with the window all installed!
The next steps are tearing down the wallpaper in the whole room, repairing the plaster, mudding the drywall, adding trim, and on to painting! We're excited to keep going!